Our aims and beliefs are:
- To build and foster each child’s self esteem by developing strong feelings of self worth.
- Children learn through direct experience and self selection as each child is an individual with his/her own strengths, needs and interests.
- Children are capable of structuring their own learning when provided with the opportunity.
- Through play to encourage co-operation, consideration, self- motivation and unbiased attitudes.
- To encourage children to express themselves, communicate and listen to others.
- To encourage children to make decisions and accept the consequences.
- To involve families in the daily program and the running of the centre and encourage their involvement through an “open door” policy.
- To extend and compliment the home by providing a loving, stable, and secure environment in which each child can develop to his/her fullest potential.
- To employ staff who possess knowledge of the emotional and developmental needs of the children, and through inservice workshops we aim to extend their skills.
- Our staff must be nurturing, sensitive, and committed to the well being of the children and families at the centre.
- To provide good working conditions for the staff; to encourage stable and lasting relationships within the centre.
- To maintain high standards of hygiene and care.
- Communication is the basis of a happy centre.
(This is a brief summary of our Philosophy, Goals, Aims and Long Term Goals for Children which you will find placed in a labelled folder in the family information centre, please read these in detail).